We all know that private jet charters are the epitome of luxury. But did you know some of these fun facts?
1. The United State’s most popular model of private jet is the Cessna Citation Excel, also know as the Citation XLS and XLS+. In 2012 alone, the medium sized business jet was used on 144,302 flights.
2. Private charter jets can land at 5,000 public airports in the United States, which is more than 100 times that of commercial airlines.
3. The biggest event for jet charter services is the Super Bowl, held annually in February.
4. Nationwide, there are more than 2,100 air charter operators. These charter jet companies are required to hold an Air Carrier or Commercial Operating Certificate issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and Operations Specifications that contain company names, authorizations, and limitations.
5. The United States makes up almost half of the world market for private jet charters, Europe comes in at 20.8%, Asia Pacific at 11.8%, Latin and South America 11.6%. and Africa and the Middle East accounts for 6.1%.
6. When flying on a private jet, many people are incredibly productive. When aboard a company operated aircraft, passengers spend approximately 36% of their time in meetings with colleagues, 30% of their time was dedicated to doing individual work tasks, and the remaining time was spent on non-work related things like leisurely reading or sleeping. Additionally, because of the quiet environment, passengers rated themselves as 20% more productive while on a company aircraft than in the office. Their counterparts who flew commercial reported a 40% drop in productivity.
7.One of the longest range private jets on the market, Bombardier Global 8000 can go 7.900 nautical miles on a single tank of gas. It can fly at Mach 0.85 with 8 passengers, and has a fuel capacity of 48,950 pounds. This costs approximately $53,000 to fill up the tank.
8,.The world’s most expensive private jet is owned by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Al Saud of Saudi Arabia. It is an Airbus A380, and cost over $500 million. It includes a two car garage, a stable for horses and camels, and a rotating prayer room that always faces Mecca.
Private jet charters are a great option that will get the attention of the people around you. Schedule yours today.