The trip to New Orleans was even more fun than you expected.
What started as a planned visit to two college campuses turned into a fun adventure, including a swamp kayak tour and plenty of beignets!
No trip to New Orleans is complete if you do not spend some time on the water. Whether it is an affordable ferry ride to Algiers or a New Orleans kayak tour, getting out on the water at some point is the best way to visit the Big Easy. If you have not visited the state before, you might like know that Louisiana has more wetlands than all of the other states. In fact, Louisiana boasts nearly 11,000 square miles of floodplains and 7,800 sq miles of coastal swamps, marshes, and estuaries. Spending time near an estuary is an opportunity to spend time in a unique setting that is part salt water and part river. With a unique opportunity to explore the plant life and animals that thrive in these unique settings, a kayak tour through an estuary is an experience that is not easy to duplicate in other places in the nation.
When you visit Louisiana, it is important that you travel all the way south to New Orleans to make sure that you really understand that unique state that offers a history full of Jazz music, plantations, and unique architecture.
When Was the Last Time Your Family Took a Vacation That Everyone Loved?
Family vacations do not always work out as planned. Finding a vacation that meets the needs of everyone in your family, for instance, often takes special planning. Going to a place like New Orleans, though, might increase your chances of travel success. With live music locations, professional sports, great food, and plenty of water sports activities, New Orleans and the surrounding areas offer plenty of options. The teenagers will love the haunted graveyard tours and the swamp kayak tours and the history told by a unique location like the Whitney Plantation cannot be found anywhere else in the country.
Although the Mardi Gras season is when New Orleans gets the most attention, there are plenty of times that this city is able to meet the needs of families traveling on vacation together. Christmas break, for instance is a time when the temperatures are more mild and the humidity is low. These mild weather conditions mean that people from colder more Northern locations can enjoy a second summer in the middle of winter.
Consider some of these other facts and figures that make New Orleans a great vacation destination nearly any time of the year:
- TThe Bayou Bartholomew, which stretches across Arkansas and Louisiana, is the longest bayou in the world. It contains more than 100 different kinds of fish and is 375 miles long.
- Happy kids make for great vacations. In fact, 95% of parents agreed that their kids appeared happier while on kid friendly vacations, such as camping and kayaking, according to research done by the Institute of Education at Plymouth University.
- Estimates indicate that 37% of families say vacations make them happy, making vacation trips the activity that makes families most happy.
- Bayou and estuary kayak tours are an up close environmental education, exploring plants and animals that are unique to these kinds of very different waters.
- In the year 2019, it is predicted that the state of Louisiana will host 31.5 million visitors.
- Going on vacation should be fun, especially if you are trying to get your teenagers to disconnect from their technology and reconnect with their siblings and parents.
- Estuaries and swamps contribute to the fact that Louisiana makes up 41% of the nation?s wetlands.
- Almost 300 years old, the city of New Orleans was founded in 1718 and is a source of American history from everything from the unfortunate story of the slave trade to jazz music.
- Some family vacations are an exercise in patience. If you find a great adventure, however, your family will look forward to spending time together exploring an exciting culture.
- Year round average temperatures for Louisiana is 69.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
Taking a trip to THE BIG EASY might be the perfect solution for a family vacation. One that can include kayak tours, as well as great food and great music.
Find out more about this topic here.